Friday, February 7, 2014

1st time mom review series // my favourite gifts for a new mom

When you have a baby (especially your first) you get a lot of gifts. And 99.9% of those gifts are for the baby. As a 1st Time Mom, it's fun to open up and explore the tiny outfits, the new toys and all the thoughtful presents your little one gets from friends and family but what about mom? She did just go through a marathon to get that little bundle of joy here so why not spoil her too? For sure bring the new babe a little something, but don't forget about momma bear as well. Doesn't have to be right away, it can even be a few months down the road. Trust me, the thought will be more than appreciated. Here are a few items that have helped me through my 4 brief months of motherhood.

crockpot and recipe book
I use my crockpot on a weekly basis - sometimes daily. You literally set it, and forget it. Check to see if your new momma friend has a crockpot and gift her a new recipe book to help her stay (easily) motivated in the kitchen.

essential oils
 I have never been more hungry and thirsty in my life than when I started breastfeeding. A good water bottle and lots of delicious snacks would be a welcome for any new mom trying to figure it all out.
 
water and snacks
This Stress Relief Aromatherapy Inhaler has been amazing to help battle my anxiety during the first few months of motherhood. I love all that Escents have to offer so any of their products would be a treat for a new momma.
 
lip balm
Want something quick and easy to bring to your new mom friend? You cannot have enough lip balm around the house when you start breastfeeding. Those little cuties suck you dry - literally! :) Eos is my new favourite!

Are you a 1st Time Mom and trying to figure it out as you go along too? Feel free to leave me a comment with any questions and I will be more than happy to get back to you. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - I love and appreciate the feedback. Please don't leave spam comments. They will be removed immediately. Cheers!