Monday, December 2, 2013

happy mail day

Today was a happy mail day! I received two packages - one was a photo book I had made to celebrate my pregnancy and Charlotte's first month, and the other was an order from Ricky's ... momma needed something new to wear!

PHOTO BOOK ...
As soon as I got home from the hospital after having Charlotte, I had a sudden urge to document her life so far and was obsessed with keeping her baby book up to date, and with creating a photo book to celebrate our pregnancy and first month journeys together.

I have used Shutterfly in the past (and they always have awesome deals - you can always get a percentage off, a free book or free shipping) but every

Also, my weekly pregnancy photos and Charlotte's daily first month photos were both in Instagram format so I needed an option that would work for them. Enter Keepsy. After a ton of online research I found Keepsy and decided to give it a try. Basically you just dump your photos into their online system and then you can create some very basic page formats. It isn't perfect and I would have much preferred to use Shutterfly for more intricate designs and journaling options but it works for these photos ... and I LOVE the cover of the book - they take a bunch of small images and create your cover with them.

It was a bit of a pain getting everything in the right order but I figured it out quickly and was glad to have one more item off my to do list. I think the book cost about $30 and they ship to Canada so that was good enough for me! :)

Here are a few sample pages (I am planning on taking a Charlotte photo a day for her first year - and monthly photos too - so I hope to do something really special with those in the future):
 
 


CLOTHES ...
I have recently found out that I really enjoy Ricki's. Their sales are great and I love that I can order online and pay minimal shipping - and return to the store with ease if something doesn't fit. That is a great way for me to do shopping with my current job - getting used to being a new mom! I actually ordered to the two tops below and a dress but I got an email saying the dress isn't available. Big bummer but I was happy with the tops I purchased!

LOVE this one for the holidays - super comfy and casual but the lace and glitter accents, it makes it a winner (especially since I am mainly in yoga pants and jackets these days).


This one is a simple sweater (and a bit on the bigger size so not sure if I need to get a size down) but the fun part is that the back is solid horizontal stripes. I really wanted some new tops that I could easy accessorize and throw on with a pair of jeans. I love this sweater but not sure about the fit - might just have to go back online and let my fingers do some more searching! :)
 
And now, onto Christmas shopping for other people. I am normally done by now but this year is a little different. Looking forward to shopping in the stores during the actual holiday season! When do you get your Christmas shopping done?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - I love and appreciate the feedback. Please don't leave spam comments. They will be removed immediately. Cheers!